It has been a while... I feel like I often start like that when it comes to my writing, as there are usually gaps of anything from months to years. I am feeling an itch again, and I want to put pen to paper. Or, fingers to keys. But, where to begin? There are so many platforms out there! So, I came back to this dusty old page, and was surprised to see that I actually still get views. Perhaps the best thing to do is pick up where I left off, rather than trying to start fresh (because that is quite scary!). If you have followed me over the years, you will know that I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro (holy cow, that was 10 years ago!). I had this grand idea of creating a photo journal about my experience, and put bits and pieces together over the years. It remained an unfinished product looming over my head. Well, I am pleased to say that I finally shifted my mindset from one of wanting perfection to just getting it done. It isn't quite a photo journal as it turns out that I didn't have...
The most expensive conversion I’ve done so far, not just because of the cost of hiring the aircraft, but because it also involved a flight to Port Elizabeth, where the aircraft in question is based. Before I talk about the Airvan, I’m going to waffle on about my trip to PE. Flying with SA Express, I did the online check-in thing for the first time in my life. This meant that when I arrived at the airport, all it took was 12 minutes for me to drop off my luggage, go through security (where I set off the metal detector thing for the first time ever, oops), make my way downstairs, and sit at the gate. Pure bliss. The only long wait was while standing on the bus waiting to be driven to the aircraft, a De Havilland Dash-8, Q-400. This is the first time I’d be flying on one of these, so I was quite excited (there were a lot of firsts on this trip). Seated by the window, and just in front of the propeller, I had a great view. The aircraft itself is very nice, and the only complaint I ...
My visit (21-28 June) A while ago, a friend asked me to visit her in Namibia. After thinking about it for a while, I decided that the trip might do me some good. So we set about getting the necessary security clearance so that I’d be able to enter Oranjemund (a mining town). Some of the wildlife The original plan was that I’d stay there for 2 weeks. But things changed, and I only ended up staying for 1 week. Rather unfortunate, I must say. I was also meant to fly up. But because the plan had changed, there weren’t any flights, so I ended up driving. Road trip! Well, not really. But I still enjoyed it. Normally I get bored after an hour or two in the car, but for some reason that 8hr+ drive was different. Silly me didn’t take any photos along the way. Now I have a good reason to drive up again! The scenery was quite amazing. The furthest north I’ve been by car is Langebaan, so I got to see all sorts of new places along the way (just don’t ask me what they’re called; I wasn’t really payi...
Comments
Post a Comment